7 Elements of Design
Most homeowners desire their space to be as aesthetically pleasing as it is functional. Create unique interiors throughout your home that satisfy the senses and fulfill all potential roles by leveraging the 7 elements of design: Space, line, form, light, color, texture and pattern.
Balance is essential when applying these elements to your space! Here are a few tips to get started:
- Space - Use appropriate balance of negative and and positive space, which is the distance between and around furniture and objects to make your space feel thoughtfully laid out. Play around with adding and removing items until you get your desired look.
- Line - Both structural features and room furnishes offer a mix of horizontal and dynamic lines that influence focal points and overall feel of a space. Balancing both kinds of lines will give your space a polished and professional look.
- Form - Form is simply shape. This includes the shape of the room itself, furniture, artwork and decorative accessories. Balance natural shapes to bring softness to an interior in contrast to stronger geometric shapes.
- Light - Light is extremely important in a home. The common trend right now is to have as much natural light as possible. Floor-to-ceiling windows, thin drapes, and light-colored furniture and design in the homes are good ways to achieve that airy look.
- Color - The color of your interior design can change the whole mood when you enter a room. Color has the power to make a room feel lighter, larger, or cozier.
- Texture - Adding textures to your home will add the perfect pizzazz that it needs. Mixing textures and contrasting them add to the depth and interest of the room scheme.
- Pattern - Pattern is the final element of design but it is just as important. Pattern trends also change very frequently so it is important to be contentious when picking one out. The style of the pattern whether that’s floral, geometric, abstract or any other design should be in harmony with the overall style of the scheme.
For more info click here!