Buying a Lake Home in the Austin Area
Finding and purchasing a lake home that will meet your needs is a significant and often stressful time. Our goal is to make this transition as smooth as possible. We are experts in the area lake communities and waterfront properties. Once we learn what it is that you’re looking for, finding your dream home is simple, whether it is your primary residence or a vacation home.
Before you start looking for a lake home here are a few things to consider:
- Where do you want to live? Is there a particular location you would like to be within a certain distance of?
- Are you looking for a constant level lake (Lake Austin and Lake LBJ) or is a fluctuating lake (Lake Travis) of interest?
- If you are considering waterfrong, do you want your own boat slip, or would you consider using a community or nearby marina?
- What kind of house would you like (need)? Are you looking for a particular style? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want?
- Is a home office a necessity? Do you need a bonus room or flex-room?
- Do you entertain often? Is a home suitable for entertaining something you’re looking for?
- Do you want a yard, pool, gated or guard gated community?
- Have you determined your price range or consulted a lender to determine your optimal price range?
Searching for your dream home can be a time-consuming experience. Working with our lake home specialists will make the process much more efficient!